Saturday, September 5, 2009

Temper Temper


How can this sweet little boy have such a temper sometimes. He's 4 going on 17. Sometimes its his way or the highway. I normally take away things from him that he treasures in order to get him to listen. But sometimes he just talks back so much and is outright rude and disrespectful. Who's kid is this? I say to myself. I try so hard to raise my children to be polite and kind. Sometimes when he is throwing a temper tantrum and acting rude I scratch my head? I wonder what am I doing wrong? What could I do better? I have tried time-outs, talking it out,and taking away toys. Any parenting tips out there for a almost 5 year old who is strong willed?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh sorry to hear about that. I think he should just have a place to cool of when he is upset. Maybe he would be able to tell you, " I am upset" Then have a place to hang out for a short time. I have something on my blog for you.