Sunday, November 15, 2009

Frugal tips

I try to be as frugal as possible. I think that once you become a mom the more frugal you become to try to save for your family. A few things I do to save money are as follows.







1. I Cloth Diaper


2. I use cloth napkins



3. I dye my own hair


4. I do not use any paper plates.


5. I use coupons when ever possible.


6. I cut my sponges in half's so they can last longer , Who needs a huge sponge to wash a plate?


7. I only run the dishwasher when it is full.


8. I turn the water off when I am brushing my teeth.


9. I always ask for extra Splenda whenever I purchase a coffee, so I never have to buy any.


10. I try to always eat the leftovers so I do not waste any food.




11. I make a lot of my own baby food when I can get fruit at good prices.


12. I try to combine errands to save on gas.




Do you have any frugal tips you would like to share? I am always looking for new ways to save!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I use coupons. I also giveaway things I do not need instead of throwing them in the trash.

Helene said...

You've got some great ideas!! On the occasions that we get fast food, my husband always asks for extra ketchup packets and we save them in a drawer (they're great to use on picnics when you don't want to pack a huge bottle of ketchup).

Another thing I do (which is totally cheap but makes sense), when I'm changing out the kids clothes from the winter season to the spring season, if I don't think they'll fit into the same winter jammies in the upcoming winter, I cut the sleeves on the shirts to short sleeves and the pants to shorts. Wah-la...now I don't have to buy spring/summer jammies. But I only do this if I'm sure that they won't fit it into them the next winter season.

maryanne said...

Great list. I need to get better at making my own baby food. And I rarely combine errands because my kids detest the car. BUT, since they hate the car so much, I run as few errands as humanly possible, so hopefully that makes up for the lack of combining them?

Lucco Girls said...

I cut tissues in 1/2 (their little noses don't need a whole tissue just yet and with as much snot as we're wiping up...it's definitely saving us some $!). I also CONSIGN! All of the clothes the girls outgrow are now going to consignment and then we can use that $ for things the girls need.