Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today A Piece Of My Heart Drove Away On A School Bus...


Today was Monkey Boys 1st Full Day Of Kindergarten. He was so excited to take the Bus. I was so Nervous. We got ready for School and walked down to the Bus Stop. He was the only Kindergartner at the stop. Most of the Kids were in 2nd through 4th grade. He kept telling me this is so weird,he seamed to have a nervous energy about him. He told one of the older boys about his Bat Man Folder..."with the Joker on it". The older Boy was less than impressed,and I just thought it was cute he was making small talk. The Bus came and Monkey Boy got on. The Bus Driver was great and she was taking attendance and had the Kindergartners sit in the front seats. I could only take One Picture for as soon as I clicked the Button the tears began to flow and I did not want him to see me cry. The Bus Driver informed me that they would probably be late at Pick up time due to all their extra checking and getting to know the kids. Well they were 20 min late at pick up time and I got a little scared about where his Bus was. When he finally got home Monkey Boy jumped off the Bus with a Huge Smile on his face saying how cool Kindergarten was. I'm glad I survived this Milestone,but why is it so hard to Let them Grow ?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWW I want to start crying just reading that! I'm so glad he had a good day.

Mandee said...

Awww..I'm so glad he had a good first day. It is always hard when they go off to school for the first time, especially when they get on that big yellow bus! My oldest was an hour late his one of his first days of school! He fell asleep and they forgot to go down our road! Yikes!!! I had called the school and everything!

Helene said...

It is hard, isn't it? It must be even harder when he's riding a bus on his own to and from school. I have to drop mine off at school so it's a little less worrisome.

Trust me, it does get easier. I was a complete mess last year but this year I pretty much kicked them out of out of the mini-van as we passed the school parking lot.

Colton's Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colton's Mommy said...

I am glad he enjoyed his first day. They are definitely growing up too fast!!
I tagged you on my blog about Back to school--please go check it out.

Cheeseboy said...

Oh, the headaches and awesomeness of the first day of school.

I teach first grade and I always get a kick out of how VERY STRESSED the parents are that day. They are like 20 times more stressed than their kids.

natalee said...

awwww congrats to the big boy!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!