Thursday, July 30, 2009

Make Your Own Baby Banana Puree










It's really easy to make your own baby food . Fuss N Stuff is 5 months old and we are starting solids. Our Pediatrician told us that we should start with fruits instead of the usual rice cereal because Lil Worm gets real constipated with the rice cereal. With my first son I thought about making my own baby food, but that's where it ended...just a thought. This time around I decided to give it a try. I couldn't believe how easy it was. All you will need is 1 Banana, A Bowl, A spoon, and either 1 oz of Breast Milk or Formula, and a Blender. Just peel your banana mash it with the spoon (it will be the perfect consistancy for like a stage 4 baby food) But because Fuss N Stuff is 5 months I blended it in the blender. It Smells so Good and tastes so fresh. Then I added 1 oz of breast milk. ( I tasted it before this step ) Blend until smooth . And Lil Worm loved it!
You can store it in the fridge for the day but bananas don't do well in the freezer because they will turn brown so its not recommended.

No comments: